Thursday, March 5, 2009

John Flanagan - The Ranger's Apprentice: The Ruins of Gorlan

I saw this book advertised as a good read on the blog UVSC English Teachers. I had purchased it a few months ago and hadn't yet read it because it's from a series. When I saw, however, the recommendation for it, I couldn't put it off any longer.

A very short synopsis: On Choosing Day, Will wants to become an apprentice for Battleschool, however, he not only is refused but the Ranger, Halt, has his eye on the boy. He is accepted as a Ranger and starts learning the new lifestyle. Soon there is a menacing threat - Morgarath, who started the war that orphaned Will, is back.

I really enjoyed the book and highly recommend it. Especially if you liked Veil of Darkness (The Earthsoul Prophecies series) by Greg Park, Magician: Apprentice by Raymond Feist, and love fantasy. Incidentally, I recommend those books as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment